Donating in-kind gifts supports Neighborhood House and our participants throughout our programs and in the St. Paul community. We offer several ways in which you can partner, plan and participate with us in our work.
Support Neighborhood House with in-kind donations
We greatly appreciate your in-kind donations of food, gifts, winter gear, and other essentials. These donations are valued and are vital to our programs — all free to our participants and community members.
In-kind giving snapshot | Giving in Fiscal Year 2022:
total donors (100 new donors)
pounds of food donated
in item value donated (coats, school supplies, gift cards, etc.)
Connect with us.
Would you like to learn more about in-kind giving? Just fill in the online form below and submit.
Elisabeht, our Development & In-Kind Coordinator will reach out to you within 1-3 business days.
Consider a financial donation
Did you know that our buying power can go further? Thanks to our strong community partnerships, we are able to keep our shelves stocked by purchasing food in bulk at a discounted rate. These purchasing programs help us stretch your dollars even further and support more of our neighbors.
Our wish lists and requested items
- Food Market wish list
- Family Centers wish list (Coming soon)
- Revel for a Cause event silent auction wish lists (Coming soon)
In-kind giving inquiry form
Would you like to learn more about in-kind giving? Just fill in this online form and submit. Elisabeht Pliego, our Development & In-Kind Coordinator will reach out to you within 1-3 business days. Thank you.
Donating Food Items:
- Large/Bulk Donations: If you hosted a food drive and are looking to drop off a carload or more of food and items, please contact us here to arrange a time.
- Smaller donations: These can be dropped off anytime during market hours [Monday – Friday, 9 AM – Noon and 1 PM – 4 PM]. Please check-in at the food market front desk. The Wellstone Center desk phone number is 651-789-3630.
Get Involved - Host a donation drive
Businesses, faith communities, schools and organizations enjoy showing their commitment to Neighborhood House by hosting donation drives to benefit our programs and participants. We invite you and/or your group to consider hosting an in-kind drive. We have worked with groups to host:
- Food Drives
- Winter clothing drives
- Personal care drives
- Youth Literacy kit drives
Here is a brief to-do list for getting started on planning on a donation drive
- Reach out to Neighborhood House and let us know about your interest in a drive
- Choose the date of your drive
- Request any materials you might need (donation boxes, flyers, logos for promotion)
- Begin collecting items
- Coordinate a time to drop-off your collected donations
As you think about what type of drive might be the best fit for you or your group, we invite you to keep in mind that we are able to stretch financial donations through our bulk purchasing programs with food banks and other partner organizations. Many groups like to plan donation/fund collections alongside our drives to further the impact.
In-kind gift resources
We have created a tool-kit of resources (coming soon) to help you plan and promote your donation drive:
- Food donation drive flyer
- Neighborhood House hunger stats flyer
- Photos & social post graphics