March Food Drive: Host a Drive & Donate Food
Hosting a Food Drive for Neighborhood House is a great way to support your neighbors who are struggling with food insecurity. At Neighborhood House we rely on food and monetary donations to provide food to people all year long.
In fiscal year 2022, Neighborhood House distributed 807,574 pounds of food to individuals and families in need.
Hunger snapshot | Where is the need:
people in MN experienced food insecurity. That's 483,000 people.
of black households in
MN experienced food insecurity
million people in the US turned to the emergency food system in 2021
children didn't have regular access to the nutrition needed to thrive
*2020-2021 data and metrics are sourced from our community partner, Second Harvest Heartland.
Host a Food Drive
Individually or with a team, you can collect shelf-stable and non-perishable foods to donate. Each pound of food donated to Neighborhood House during March Food Drive helps us meet our goal and fight against food insecurity.
Steps to start a food drive:
- Reach out to Neighborhood House and let us know about your interest in a drive
- Choose the date(s) of your drive
- Request any materials you might need (donation boxes, flyers, logos for promotion)
- Begin collecting items
- Coordinate a time to drop-off your collected donations
Ready to donate food?
- Large/Bulk Donations: If you hosted a food drive and are looking to drop off a carload or more of food and items, please contact us here to arrange a time.
- Smaller donations: These can be dropped off anytime during market hours [Monday – Friday, 9 AM – Noon and 1 PM – 4 PM]. Please check-in at the food market front desk. The Wellstone Center desk phone number is 651-789-3630.
Have a question?
Do you have a connection or want to get connected? Contact Elisabeht, our Development & In-Kind Coordinator, who will reach out to you within 1-3 business days.
Consider a financial donation
Did you know that our buying power can go further? Thanks to our strong community partnerships, we are able to keep our shelves stocked by purchasing food in bulk at a discounted rate. These purchasing programs help us stretch your dollars even further and support more of our neighbors.