Beginning March 16, Neighborhood House suspended some of its programming in order to help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Because the situation continues to evolve, so will the status of our various programs. Below you will find the most up-to-date status of our programs, the Wellstone Center, and more.
Neighborhood House programs:
- Literacy and Adult Education will be held online until at least May 4. Find online classes here.
- In-person childcare and preschool classes are canceled. Teachers are communicating with parents and sharing activities for students to do at home.
- All Family Centers are closed. If it is an emergency please call the Wellstone Center at 651-789-2500 and someone will get back to you.
- Beaningful is closed until it is determined safe for staff and customers to reopen.
The Wellstone Center:
- The Wellstone Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- All individuals entering the Wellstone Center must wear a mask.
- Participants must enter through the Winifred Street Entrance (C Door).
- The Wellstone Center ramp is currently closed.
- The Immigrant Law Centers will not be onsite at least until the end of March.
- Walk-in Counseling hours are canceled. See their website for open locations and hours.
- Saint Paul Parks and Recreation in the Wellstone Center is closed.
If you need help with food:
The Wellstone Center Food Market will remain open during the hours 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
- Starting Tuesday, March 31, the food market will be providing curbside pre-packaged emergency bags. We accept walk-up and drive-up pick-up. Please call 651-789-2534 when you arrive and we will bring out your groceries.
The Francis Basket Food Market will be open Monday and Friday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and Tuesday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Starting Monday, March 23, the food market will be providing pre-packaged emergency bags. Please ring the bell or knock on the door when you arrive. A staff or volunteer will bring you your groceries.
Can’t visit the food market in person and need your groceries delivered?
- If you are in need of delivery, please call 651-789-2534 and let the operator know you would like to order emergency bags for delivery. We will be taking calls for delivery between 9 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1–4 p.m. All calls before 10 a.m. will guarantee next-day delivery. All calls after 10 a.m. will guarantee delivery in two days.
- Orders placed on Thursday will be delivered the following Monday and orders placed on Friday will be delivered the following Tuesday.
Fresh Produce Distribution, Late Wednesdays, Bonus Thursdays, and Produce Tuesdays are canceled.
If you need help with housing:
- As of March 16, we will continue to provide Crisis Days at the Wellstone Center with staggered appointment times to limit the number of people in the area at a given time.
- If you are in a housing crisis, please call us at 651-789-2500 with your name and phone number and a staff member will return your call.
If you are a volunteer:
- We encourage our volunteers to be safe and make decisions regarding participation based on what is best for themselves.
- If you are able and willing, our food support program needs volunteers. Please see our website for volunteer shifts.
If you want to support Neighborhood House:
- We are in the middle of March Food Drive, our biggest food fundraising effort of the year. With the closure of workplaces, places of worship, and schools, our greatest food drive partners are not able to participate as they have in the past. With March being a lighter month for donations and the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are seeing an increased demand in our food market. If you are able, please consider making a gift today to ensure that we can meet the need of our community.
All of us at Neighborhood House are so very grateful for each of you. Your participation in our programs, your contributions, and your collaboration make life just a bit brighter for others. We do not take that for granted and hope that in the very near future, we will be able to see this as another time that we worked together to make lives better.